Sunday, February 06, 2011

Project Ubertooth: Building a Better Bluetooth Adapter

Video of my presentation, Project Ubertooth: Building a Better Bluetooth Adapter, at ShmooCon 2011 is now online. You can download the entire video in high quality from shmoocon.org or watch it in your web browser. In the presentation, I demonstrated Ubertooth One, the world's first open source, widely available, low cost Bluetooth test tool, and I described my two year design journey starting as an electronics novice. This was one of the most fun talks I've ever given, and I want to thank ShmooCon for making it happen and everyone who attended for participating. I'm making the slides available, but, as is typical of my presentation slides, they really don't stand alone.

Shortly before the presentation, I was interviewed by Hak5. The interview covered a lot of ground and included quite a bit of discussion beyond the content of the presentation.

At ShmooCon I announced the start of a pledge period on Kickstarter to fund an initial production run of Ubertooth One boards, and the pledge goal was met in just four days! There is still time remaining in the pledge period for anyone who would like a board. Thank you to everyone who has pledged support!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very cool! and very impressive! nice job! THANKS

Anonymous said...

congrats on getting 3x what you wanted - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mossmann/ubertooth-one-an-open-source-bluetooth-test-tool

are you planning on assembling & selling these OR will we always have to build our own?

Michael Ossmann said...

You can purchase an assembled Ubertooth One by making a pledge on Kickstarter. I'm also getting more manufactured to sell through other channels soon after the Kickstarter rewards are fulfilled.

Unknown said...

I just watched the Hak5 episode and I see that I have missed Kickstarter pledge period. Is there another way to order one of the boards?

Martin

Jack Gassett said...

Michael,

Just wanted to drop a line to another Colorado Open Source developer. I run Gadget Factory and I'm based out of Westminster, Colorado. Congrats on the successful project and getting funding on kickstarter.

Jack Gassett

Michael Ossmann said...

Thanks, Jack! I'm a fan of your work too.

Agen Bola Terpercaya said...


I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog.
Agen bola terpercaya

Agen Bola said...

It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Outstanding work!
Agen Bola