Friday, November 26, 2010

Bluetooth Keyboards: who owns your keystrokes?

I gave a talk at ShmooCon 2010 on the security of Bluetooth keyboards and mice. After a restoration of the ShmooCon archive, the full video is once again available. I have also published the slides and such.

Most of my previous Bluetooth work had been done using software radio techniques requiring somewhat costly hardware. For this talk I focused on what is possible for both attack and defense using low-cost off-the-shelf Bluetooth equipment. It turned out that quite a lot of interesting things were possible that had not been demonstrated before. Even so, many essential capabilities such as passive monitoring remained out of reach without more expensive hardware which is why I've since turned my attention to Project Ubertooth.

4 comments:

Collin Mulliner said...

Nice work, love the hid proxy!

Michael Ossmann said...

Thanks, man. It means a lot coming from you.

Agen Bola Terpercaya said...

hello dear
Agen bola terpercaya

Agen Bola said...

Thanks so much for the article.Much thanks again. Great
Agen Bola